Thursday, May 24, 2012

TO: My Beloved and Most Faithful Reader

Dear My Beloved and Most Faithful Reader:

I realize that I have been doing a piss poor job at keeping the blog updated. It is summer, and I am out of school. Therefore, I have been busy not being busy and taking a break. I have been working on some stuff though, but I honestly have no clue when it is going to get published. See, I have found that instead of little short pieces about nothing, I had rather write about stuff that matters to me and create long drawn out pieces about nothing. I have also found that instead of one huge piece, I had rather create a series of several large pieces.


I will admit it, this has a lot to do with my own personal laziness. After finally completing the series that I am currently working on I will have at least a months worth of material if I release it once a week. I know that this is probably horrible on my part for telling you this and will probably have detrimental repercussions to my viewership. But I value honesty, and think it would be dishonest of me if I was to not tell you what I am doing. This way it makes things easier on me, and gives you my loyal fan something to look forward to once a week.

It is kind of like Harry Potter, except far less successful. I am assuming that since you are a reader of the crap that I write that in some way we are similar, even if it is in only that we are both literate. I am also assuming that if you are literate and don't live under a rock, are a member of a cult which forbids the consumption of such things as fictitious books and movies, or are extremely religious and reading or viewing such things is forbidden then you have heard about Harry Potter. If not then please quietly exit off of this page, turn off the computer (or other internet capable device), and exit the room safely. Besides the fact that the internet is outside the ignorant safety of your commune, you may be subject to moral contradictions that is beyond you pee sized brain's capacity.

But since you are still reading I am assuming that you have heard of Harry Potter, and are at least remotely curious how the crap I write has to do with the best selling book series of all time. Well it is as simple as this, the thing that made Harry Potter so damn good, aside from J. K. Rowling's shear brilliance, it was the wait. See I did not start reading Harry Potter until later in the series. I had read all the way up until Order of the Phoenix until I had to wait until the next book was released. I had enjoyed and cared about the series, but it wasn't until I had to wait for a year for the release of Half Blood Prince, that I became in love with the series.

I like any writer want to draw in a crowd, so the best way to do that is to make you wait. I mean, look at the Harry Potter series, having to wait for so long for just one book caused us to be enamored by the first three books, when in fact they are probably the weakest of all of the series, particularly Chamber of Secrets. I am sorry, it just seemed like filler to me. Now Prisoner of Azkaban is similar too, but I love POA because of Sirius and Remus and the fact that it is the first time in Harry's pitiful life that he does not feel like an orphan. Harry get's what he has always wanted, a family; which causes it to be one of my favorites, and also it was the first movie that I got to see in while it was in theaters.

That is enough with my convoluted excuse for my laziness. Keep an eye out for my next posts, I can not really promise you any timeline, but all I can give is the relative term of "soon". But I will, if I remember to, notify you on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr so you might want to follow me on there, or just keep checking in.

As always thank you for actually reading to this point
and May Peace Be With You,

The Gadfly

P. S. I would like to get the piece that I am currently working on finished really soon, because I will be going to my brother's house soon next week to spend the week. So if I do not get at least the first parts published by then it will be at least a week before I get it out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment